Facial Paralysis

Subri
Year of birth: 1955

Facial Paralysis

Post by Subri » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:08 am

Not a fun topic to be sure. There are so many variants of this condition. Many treatments. I am happy to discuss what happened to me. Let's hear from you. SuBri
:) SUBRI IGAN forum Moderator and post resection of left acoustic neuroma with permanent deafness left ear
Jan
Year of birth: 1964

Re: Facial Paralysis

Post by Jan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Subri,
I was recently diagnosed with AN. I have been doing a lot of reading and to be honest with you, it is all very intimidating. I am in search of a doctor at Oschner Medical Center in New Orleans. My AN is approximately 1.6cm. I have been experiencing hearing loss for quite some time, but didn't think anything of it until about a year ago. I decided to look more into it after my husband kept trying to get my attention in the grocery store (30 feet from me) and I couldn't hear him. I have 40% hearing loss in the right ear. From my understanding, the AN needs to be removed since it is located outside of the ear canal. I am trying to learn everything I can about all of my options as well as the risks associated with each plan of treatment. I know that facial paralysis, loss of balance, and complete hearing loss in the affected ear are the main side effects/potential results. Could you please share your experience with me?

Jan